Tuesday, November 20, 2007

23rd Thing / Final Thoughts

COMPLETED!!!!
I finished thing 1 through thing 22, now there's just one more thing left to do.
Blogging, Rollyo, podcasts, You Tube and Meez;
Zoho, Sandbox, tagging, RSS and Wikis;
These things and more; were not truly a chore. The learning was fun, albeit compressed, I proud of my accomplishments, nonetheless.

For me, the greatest challenge was finding/making time to work on the things.
I must confess that many of the exercises were completed at home. What I enjoyed the most - I'd have to say the tasks that offered creative opportunities/input: Meez, Avatars, You Tube, Flickr. I've always considered myself a lifelong learner, that's what makes librarianship such an appealing profession. I doubt that I will ever be able to drop the vacuum or postpone laundry or cooking to spend hours blogging and the like. I still prefer interacting with people face to face or over the phone. The biggest surprise was the fact that with the exception of adding Rollyo to my blog, I accomplished the tasks independently. I guess my technical skills were better than I gave myself credit for.

Improvements? For my personal situation, more time to work on the things and/or fewer daily, weekly demands/deadlines while working on the things. For staff in general, it might have been a good team building exercise to have had only thing per month coupled with monthly staff meetings (before OR after each thing) to share and problem solve.

Future participation - Absolutely!

Description of learning experience - See above. Learned alot, gained confidence and didn't loose ability to create Seussian verse.

Tanya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.