Tuesday, November 20, 2007

19th Thing / Web 2.0 Awards List

Who knew there were so many choices! Like potato chips, who could stop at only one choice? I sampled Guess the Google under games. This is far more difficult than it seems. The goal is to type in the one word that best identifies a group of google images within the prescribed time limit. No real library application other entertainment. The best part was the challenge of trying to find the right words in time. Worst part ... it's hard!
I also tried the Go Green site. How sobering! I actually dug out last month's BGE bill to complete a personal profile of my family's carbon footprint. Library application --- research, homework, self improvement. The site was easy to navigate and had lots of info. It got a little discouraging to click a few times and see a dollar figure that could be donated to offset one's carbon footprint. I had hoped for more in the way of lifestyle changes, etc. All in all, an interesting exercise. Scrolling down the list of nominees, I couldn't help but notice how many were part of 23 Things.

No comments: